We had our first work party in the garden yesterday, and 23 people–students and their families, teachers, and community members–braved the cold to help.
We moved plants, built an arc of (at least temporary) classroom seating with some of the log rounds, and piled the rest of the rounds in the middle for now. We’ll keep some of the larger rounds for tabletops and other seating in the garden and will chip the rest for pathways. We will try to make this happen as soon as possible, but in the meantime, let’s be sure to keep our kids off of those loose rounds for safety. And if you care to keep your kids clean after school and they like to play there, be aware of the mud!
Other garden updates:
- Funding. We learned that we raised $1200 at our Endolyne Joe’s fundraiser on November 7. Thank you to everyone who came and ate to rejuvenate our garden, and thank you to Endolyne Joe’s for their generous support!
- Water. We have approval from our Building Leadership Team for the school to share the cost of installing a hose bib with the PTA, so we’ll soon have water access restored to the garden.